Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros: 13 Years of Tour Posters - a chronology of Pearl Jam's celebrated concert posters spanning 1995 to 2007.
Opening with a written forward by Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament and introduction by the Ames Bros, the 264-page hard cover book features 229 posters designed by Ames Bros and Pearl Jam artist Brad Klausen. Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros features over 80 comments on individual posters from all five members of Pearl Jam and running commentary from the poster designers -- offering insight into the inspiration, concepts and process of poster creation.
Featured interviews in Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros include: brothers Jeff and Barry Ament discussing their upbringing in Montana, early artistic collaborations and their working relationship; Ames Bros' Coby Schultz and Barry Ament recounting their day to day life at Ames Bros, the process and inspiration behind the posters and early history preceding Ames Bros; and an interview between Joe Barela of Seribellum Press and Coby Schultz.
The entire book was meticulously designed by Ames Bros and edited by Jacob McMurray, Senior Curator of the Experience Music Project (EMP) in Seattle.
Also included in this collectors edition:
- Special, debossed, orange slipcase
- Certificate of Authenticity page signed and numbered by Barry Ament, Coby Schultz and Brad Klausen
- Three exclusive art prints by Barry Ament, Coby Schultz, and Brad Klausen
- 32 bonus pages featuring 250+ sketches, notes and original poster art taken from the sketchbooks of the artists
- Eight special mylar overlays offering an insight into the printing process
- Limited to only 2,600 copies