Urban Landscape Painting Class with Chris Peterson
Monday Nights: 6:30-9:00PM (beginning January 7th)
Haight Street Art Center
215 Haight Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
- Hardcover Sketch Pad with wire rings, 9 x 12 inches
- Soft Pencils: 3B, 4B, Ebony pencil
- Pens: Pilot V7 black, or any felt tip pens you feel comfortable with.
- Kneaded erasers
- Brushes should include assortment of flats, filberts and some brights, small to medium sizes.
- Oil Paints: Titanium white (large tube), Ivory black, Cadmium yellow light, cadmium yellow, Cadmium orange, cadmium red, Alizarin crimson, Dioxazine Purple, ultramarine blue, cerulean blue, chromium oxide green, Permanent Green light.
- Painting Knives: Small and medium sizes
- Solvents and Mediums: Turpenoid or Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) are ideal.
- Painting Surfaces: Stretched primed canvas or panels will be acceptable. Recommended sizes include, 9x12, 12x12, 12x16, 16x20. Wet paintings carrier in corresponding sizes
- Brush Cleaner, Steel brush bath with sealed lid, rags,
- Palette: Butcher tray or glass surface with white backing (ideal)
About the Teacher:
Christopher Peterson began his career as an illustrator in New York City in 1980 when he started working for The New York Times and Time Magazine. Since moving to the Bay Area in 1984, he has been a steady fixture in the landscape of art and design, newspapers, advertising, exhibit design, teaching, painting and illustrating. Check out some of his work at petersonland.com